Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Dear Lovie,

Tonight, after we played soccer in the yard, you stared out the window wearing only your Sofia the First panties and two pigtails. Yout started to cry as Rox and Daddy drove away to the store in search of a pink ring pop. Iron and Wine was playing on Spotify and I just tried to imprint the moment in my mind.

I picked you up against your will but you laid your head on my shoulder. We slow danced, and I was taken aback by how long you have become. I had a flashback to your nursery in Nashville- how I danced your tiny, tired body to sleep each night while your turtle played the same song on repeat and shone stars on the ceiling. Then you would give way to sleep easily; now, you tell me you want down and that big girls don't need to be held. I took those fleeting moments for granted. They went by so fast just like everyone said they would.

I would give anything to be back in that nursery.

Love,

MaMa

No comments:

Post a Comment