It has been way too long since I have written you. I apologize. Work interfered, and I feel terrible for putting work before you. I actually quit my job back in November so I could focus on raising you and and teaching you and loving you. 2012 was a dark, wild ride for me. 2013 will be much better... for all of us!
I am constantly amazed at how smart you are. I can see it in your eyes when those wheels upstairs are turning. You are so smart that I am secretly concerned. I see lost of gifted children in my job, and I am afraid you might be one of them. It can be both a blessing and a curse. I hope you use your smarts to benefit others.
On January 5th you turned 21 months. You are still off the charts for height, at approximately 37 inches tall. You still weigh about 24 pounds... tiny thing! You like to call me Abbey, which is funny to those around us. You are obsessed with "Fut-bawl" and love to scream "touch down!" and "no-good!" while doing the hand motions like to referees. You also love "B-ball" and make me take you into the gym to run around with the basketballs. Your blankies are still your favorite. The word you made up for them is "Gagoli". You wont go anywhere without your "Gagolies". Whenever I am cooking you fish around in the drawers and pull out the oven mit, which engulfs your entire arm, and say Hot! Hot! You learned about things that are cold, and you will also say Ooooh, cold! Without fail, you always think your food is hot and have to blow on it. You also love to blow bubbles. Bubbles, balls, pup pups, gagolies, cookies...... these are a few of your favorite things. You sleep in a sea of pup pups- Polka, Scout, Peace, Cheese, and Clifford are your bedtime buddies.
Sometimes you speak in complete sentences. Like the other night when I was closing the door to your room after putting you in your crib- you shouted, Abbey? Abbey? I love you, Abbey! Goodnight! That moment was SO wonderful, because it was the first time you told me you loved me.You are counting to ten and singing your ABC's. You can pick a foam letter up in the bathtub and say the letter. That's amazing!
You started learning your body parts around 12 months, but by 18 months you knew them all without fail. Head, shoulders, knees, toes, finders, arm pits, hair, teeth, tounge, eyes, ears, mouth, nose..... and more. We ask where your pee pee comes out at and you point to the right place... ha-ha! We have been semi-potty training for awhile, but you have suddenly become scared of your little potty unless it is your choice to sit on it. Little girl, just potty already. You love to be naked and hate to have a diaper on... you rip them off as soon as you go peepee, and you do not want another one on until you have to go again. Then as soon as you go, off comes the diaper. It is a vicious cycle.
Everything you do has to be your idea, my little free spirited child. You are too much like me for your own good. You hate to hear the word no, but you tell everyone else no in a nonchalant way. You hide in corners when we call your name. You get so upset when I tell you not to chase Roxanne with the shopping cart because it scares her, or not to ride Roxanne like a horse, or not to hit her in the face. You did hit Copper over the head with part of the Kuerig coffee maker. He retaliated by biting you in the face. It all happened so fast, and sending him to live with Dada's parents ripped my heart out. I cried, sobbed, and sulked for two weeks straight. I still tear up thinking about him, even though we can visit him. It wasn't your fault, because you didn't know better. It wasn't his fault, because he had not other way to protect himself from you other then biting. I hope when we get a bigger place (and when you know better) that he can come back to us, because I sure do miss him.
Dancing is ingrained into you somehow, and you are always dancing. You love music and are awesome at keeping a beat. You did not get that from me. You also hate shoes and socks. You love to be naked. Again, a little free spirit. You already change clothes a million times a day, and go through your drawers tossing articles over your shoulders like a teenagers until you find the shirt you want.
Well, Love Bug, it's 6am already, so I have to get ready for the day. Let's make it a good one!
xoxo,

No comments:
Post a Comment